Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

p2 Mac spanned footage not importing

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matthew Dorrisp2 Mac spanned footage not importing
by on Jun 4, 2008 at 2:07:29 pm

Hello All,

So, apparently far too late, I've learned that using Finder to dump your p2 footage is a bad idea. I've just found that 6 hours of irreplaceable footage is somehow missing or corrupt.

I used finder to copy and paste copies of my p2 cards, and ended up with folders with 14.68 gigs of data in them. All the MXF files are there, etc, but when I try to view it in p2CMS or import it to FCS2 with Log and Transfer, it processes the folder, but no clips show up in the windows. Premiere CS3 will import the files, but only plays audio, with a still frame for video. The footage was 4:3 60i DV recorded to p2 cards, with several spanned clips.

Has anyone run into this situation and hopefully found some sort of fix? I cannot fix the cards themselves as they have data on them that I need, and after dumping I formatted and re-used them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated at this point. I fear I may be really quite far up the creek. Need a paddle.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]