Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Gary Adcock

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

gary adcockRe: Gary Adcock
by on Jun 1, 2008 at 8:43:15 pm

[stephen hoyal] "All I know is that I want less noise. I like the film look but want the image to be cleaner. Are their any other settings that can be adjusted for less noise. "

however part of the issue is that you are shooting at a piece of ground glass at the back of the RRM unit, and if your DoF is too great you will be seeing the texture of that glass as part of your image- this is a known issue with most of the front of the lens add ons, and that texture on the ground glass is compounded / exacerbated/ exaggerated by the native compression in DVCProHD. ( the Varicam has the same issue with the spinning GG on the PSTechnik unit.

I am a fan on using Negative PED settings to reduce the noise and I know that it is crushing some of my black, but I feel the overall image is superior in quality and I light it accordingly.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Gary Adcock by stephen hoyal on May 31, 2008 at 6:37:19 pm
    • Re: Gary Adcock by Noah Kadner on Jun 1, 2008 at 3:49:05 pm
    • Re: Gary Adcock by gary adcock on Jun 1, 2008 at 8:33:05 pm