Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: P2 + Duel Adapter + P2CMS = Crashing Leopard?

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave NeymanRe: P2 + Duel Adapter + P2CMS = Crashing Leopard?
by on May 16, 2008 at 4:09:52 pm

Seth,

I have pretty much the same gear and workflow that you are trying to use. The only difference is that I don't use the P2CMS software. I just use the finder and copy the entire card over to a Raid-1 hard drive (Mirrored). Once the transfer is complete I rename the NO NAME folder to whatever is appropriate and I pop into Final Cut Pro to make sure everything appears to be recognizable. I started to use P2CMS once but felt like I had more control doing it manually. I realize that I have an extra step checking the footage in FCP but it lets me sleep better at night. I have filled a lot of hard drives with no data loss (knock on wood). I think based on what you are describing and my experience... P2CMS is the issue. Just eliminate that and see if everything else functions properly.

Best

Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]