Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

SATA Drives, out of space in case

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Benjamin18SATA Drives, out of space in case
by on Feb 4, 2007 at 5:23:42 am

I've got a little problem here. We're about to start production on a feature film in 720p24pn HD. We're expecting anywhere from 100 minutes to 140 minutes of raw footage. The cheapest solution, and frankly the only one I can afford, is to buy two internal 500GB SATA drives, for $150 each, and stripe them together as a RAID. This is all fine and dandy, except, my case only has room for one more drive. So... what do I do?

Do I just drill holes in the side of my case, and route the SATA and power cables through those, and just have the drives sitting on the ground? I have no idea.

I simply cannot afford an external array, and I can't afford a new case, and I can't afford to buy an external 1 TB FW800 drive.

What do I do? Is there some solution for this? Is there an external case I can buy that holds the drives, that doesn't cost a lot?

Anything you guys can recommend, would be awesome... just keep in mind, I cannot go above $350 total, including drives. I know this is a pathetically small budget, but keep in mind this is a STUDENT film. ... ... a HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT film.

And sorry about posting it here instead of in the 'Windows Hardware and Software" forum, but it doesn't look like people check that one much.

Thanks for any help,
Ben Tubb

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]