Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Converting 24P over 60 to 24PN

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jim BloklandRe: Converting 24P over 60 to 24PN
by on Jul 14, 2006 at 2:39:53 am

Okay folks:

Thanks for all the responses. A few issues remain:

I took Gary's tip about putting the file at the root level and got the FRC to work. The end result? The timecode is zeroed and not carried over from the original (which in itself is not a big issue). Of course, there is no audio (which is a complete drag to say the least...). But the problem is, the file is longer than the original. From an original file of 1:36:00 in duration, I'm getting a 2:00:00 file back. There are repeated frames periodically (seems about every 20th frame or so?).

All I want to do is get the 24P content out of the 60fps source. This shouldn't be so hard? Or is Jeremy ultimately right, that an upgrade to 5.1.1 is in order, then I could just remove the frames properly upon import? (I would have upgraded right from the get-go, if it wasn't such a pain to send my beloved disks to the US for 'trade'.)

Any more advice? Thanks again for your help. Cow dudes rock.

Best, JIM.

OSX.4.3
Dual 2.7 G5
3.5 GB RAM
Radeon X800 XT
Kona 2 / K-Box
Seritek 1.2 TB RAID
AVID XPRESS PRO/MOJO

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread: