Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: My problems with color correcting P2 footage.

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

CarlosRe: My problems with color correcting P2 footage.
by on Mar 10, 2006 at 4:16:43 am

I just sent your suggestion to my editor and hopefully I will be able to tell you the results soon. He is currently working with Final Touch in a feature film and he is gladly surprised on how much easier is to his eyes after spending eight hours a day color correcting. One thing you have to be careful is to name the files with a _ underline between spaces as Final Touch will not read the files like you can do with any other Mac document.

Somehow the clip we took from FCP to FT looked degraded in quality, we couldn't explain why. Mi intuition tells me that DVCPRO50 is a wonderfull codec for capturing but that does poorly when is manipulated. As mentioned in an earlier post, coming from tape and outputting SDI out seems seems to be the best solution so far. Does anybody knows if there is a P2 deck/device that does SDI out, or that doesn't make any sense?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]