Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: Will Panasonic have a solution for the noise

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jan Crittenden LivingstonRe: Will Panasonic have a solution for the noise
by on Mar 8, 2006 at 10:35:06 pm

[joslyn20] "I was at Res Fest and the image there was extremely clean with no noise issues. The rep there said it was a Rev. 2 camera. I go to DV Expo where there are Rev 4 cameras with considerable amounts of noise. Based on this, it tells me that a Rev via firmware update in the future can clean up this noise as was in the Revision 2 camera? Or is this false hope? Thanks for your honest answer."

Hi,
Since I was there with the camera at Res Fest, the cameras that I am seeing coming off the production line look just like that one. The samples that we had around the sales floor at DV Expo, were also very close, some were noisier as they had less than ideal situations to be pointed at. Light is an important issue with this camera as it is with all of the small HD cameras. There is no problem with the current camera.

It has been my experience that people want 2/3" performance off of this 1/3" imager and that just is not possible. Laws of physics cannot be denied. This camera looks very good next to other cameras of its price range.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, DVCPRO, DVCPRO50, AG-DVX100
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter