Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: It's Q1 2006

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David BattistellaRe: It's Q1 2006
by on Jan 2, 2006 at 6:04:27 pm

Lars,

I hope the people at the Cow here might want to put the article on the site.

I am doing it as a workflow test for an upcoming project I am working on, thought I would share it in the interest of helping out other indy film makers.

I will not be comparing the Varicam and the HVX but it will be a step by step from the Varicam to 35mm via the ARRI Laserwriter.

I like knowing that Supersizeme was shot on mini DV and had a wide theatrical release. It is great to plan for the best picture but the story will aloways determine the finish. They weren't about to shelve a film like supersizeme becasue it was shot in an inferior format. I think that small indy films are always going to cut through when they are about story and about good acting or revealing new great talents. It is great to know that the films will be of a much more pleasing quality but I did not mind the quality of supersizeme, rogerandme, bowling for columbine, murderball (dvx100a) and other recent theatrical successes.

David

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]