Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

HVX-200 Vs. Varicam- What do you think?

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael TottenHVX-200 Vs. Varicam- What do you think?
by on Jun 21, 2005 at 7:50:48 pm

I'm trying to get an idea of what a side by side comparison of footage shot on the Varicam vs. the HVX-200 would be like (even though the HVX isn't out yet)... but let's be theoretical.

-The Set Up-

Same experienced DOP, same 20 second spot, lighting, 24 frame rate, rez (720p) ect. (everything is IDENTICAL except for camera).
Everything is digitally projected on a big screen to the same audience before the movie they're about to see (it's a pre-movie car commercial)... none of them know of this test.

Now, what do you think the major differences are going to be? Differences that the AUDIENCE is going to see? If there are any? (I know all audiences are different... but lets pretend that it's your "typical" audience just going to see a movie) and NOT a cow member who's trying to identify frame rates and formats. Also, I know you can't read the minds of the audience members... I'm just trying to get a general consensus.

Next: What if we did the same thing as above but the HVX is now shooting at 1080p 24fps and the Varicam still at 720P 24fps.

Now what are the major differences that the AUDIENCE is going to see? If there are any?

Is the HVX-200 MORE compressed than the Varicam? Something is not quite adding up for me here. The Varicam is a 65K camera and the HVX is a 10K cam (with P2 Cards)... so other than the fact that you can record onto tape with the Varicam and that it has a removable lens what are the BIG differences? I know that the P2 storage is limited.

When taking into consideration the test above is the audience going to see a difference worth my $55K?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]