Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

workflow P2 FCP

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rainer Wirthworkflow P2 FCP
by on Jun 10, 2005 at 2:37:02 pm

Hi Jan, Hi Dan,

on Monday I get the 800 P2 Panasonic. I will tell you about the tests. I spoke to several people both at apple and panasonic. So far with a Windows computer the PCMI slot works. So you can put the card into the slot and it shows as a hard disc. It doesn't in the Mac PCMI slot. With a mac you need the panasonic card reader (money 2000 bucks). From there you should have the cards (it holds 5) as a hard disc showing on the computer. When the cards show as a hard disc you can import them in FCP5.
The problem doesn't lie in the FCP5 it's a problem of Tiger. So I look for a different workflow. If the camera itsself show as a harddisc on a Windows computer I'll get a notebook windows, copy the harddisc on a firewire harddisc, which will then show on the mac. From there I should be able to import in FCP.
Thats the theory. I will test it 29th June on the roadshow of panasonic. It could be, that panasonic want to sell their card reader.

Rainer

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]