Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
PANASONIC HVX - HPX:Panasonic HVX - HPX SeriesPanasonic VaricamPanasonic AG-DVX Series

Re: the big question left in the P2 flow

COW Forums : Panasonic HVX - HPX (P2)

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Luis CaffesseRe: the big question left in the P2 flow
by on Apr 5, 2005 at 3:22:58 am

[George] "I don't think panasonic is going to give up on its frame tagging protocol. its embedded into the decks, cameras, frame rate converters and FCP HD to boot."

Well, that may be the case as of right now.
But, there is no need for a deck, the camera is new, if they do away with the tagging protocol, then there is really no need for the frame rate converters, and FCP is coming out with a new version. So, I think anything is still possible.

It is more of a number theory like implementation of a universal or special number to give it all incarnations of the dvcpro hd format. it has less to do with tape per say. "

I'm not sure I agree with that. It was my impression that the only reason the frame tagging was used was to workaround the limitations of using the tape transport.

Anyone else want to chime in on this?

Luis Caffesse
Studio 3 Productions, Inc.
Austin, Texas

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy