Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP:HomePhotoshop TutorialsForumIllustrator TutorialsPS BasicsPhotoshop PodcastPhotography Forum

Re: Reccomended Storefront Options

COW Forums : Digital Photography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Matt GeierRe: Reccomended Storefront Options
by on Mar 15, 2012 at 4:32:53 pm

Hey Christopher,

I've had folks report that these places are good for the freelance types. Maybe they will be of good use to you as well;

http://www.123rf.com/
http://www.gettyimages.com/

Perhaps even here with "ol Bessie" using the stockyard.creativecow.net would be a good place for you to submit an application request to become a provider.

If all else fails -- You could go into your business for yourself, go through some steps to have a website done for you to sell your photos directly from. You can do that for a fairly inexpensive price these days, even with a good designer, or design firm.
The cost of the work needed, can go down as a business expense, and included can be your setup / hosting / etc fees up front....

Over time, you re-gain the investment with some decent Social Marketing, and the ability to sell direct, without having a fee to use a Photo Service. Once it's going it's self running (mostly) with little maintenance needed, and the upkeep involves a yearly hosting fee and domain name costs (which are not expensive), and your time to upload new content on a regular basis (which will vary).

You can run a "Shopping Cart" right off the website with something like PayPal (Which is free), or even more technical types like Zencart and then you can take payments from just about anywhere in the world with a bank account or credit card too! ---

Everything you can control, can be customized to your look, feel, business, etc...

If you want some other suggestions I'm happy to help.
You're best bet is to go into business for yourself and get a website launched with the needed elements to sell off the website.....
I wouldn't suggest paying for an "e-commerce" site with a firm....usually that's big bucks.

I'm sure some others will post as well!

If you'd like some more help / tips / etc, I have plenty to provide you. Just ask!

Matt Geier
(Video Networking Solutions Expert)
(Creative Design Workflow Consultant)
(Social Media Networks Consultant)
(Technical Video Industry Sales Consultant)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]