Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PHOTOSHOP:HomePhotoshop TutorialsForumIllustrator TutorialsPS BasicsPhotoshop PodcastPhotography Forum

Re: Digital Asset Management

COW Forums : Digital Photography

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark LasloRe: Digital Asset Management
by on Nov 16, 2010 at 9:06:09 pm

Thank you Bill and John,

Bill - I agree with you that the tool you understand and use is the best tool. The problem I run into is as a video person I end up with a few hundred photos and am lazy about organizing. This is something I need to work on myself but never take the time when starting a new project to properly label my photos. I am hoping a tagging based solution between multiple users will allow every photo to get the name and tags it deserves, though I'm not sure this will be a viable solution when it's all said and done.

John - Do you have any experience using Lightroom to share photos between multiple users, or at the very least multiple computers. I am running OS X on a Mac Pro and my co-workers are running Windows XP on desktops. We are all networked and have access to a shared server but I feel like anything short of a full DAM application/server based software builds the database for the individual user as opposed to a shareable format.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]