Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE DREAMWEAVER:HomeDreamweaver ForumDreamweaver TutorialsFAQAdobe FlashWeb Design

How to design header for use in multiple devices

COW Forums : Adobe Dreamweaver

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Carl EndresHow to design header for use in multiple devices
by on Mar 22, 2012 at 10:51:08 pm

Hi, I'm putting together a static website, but I would like to design it so that it could be viewed on other devices like the Iphone and Ipad.

-I would normally design the site with a container and the main body to be 950 pixels, so that it is always centered no matter what type of monitor is used.

-I am going to have a header that has a flash SWF animation that plays and then goes static with their logo. The swf will be a size of 300 pix. This will also be centered within the header. The header will be 950 px (left to right) On either side of the flash file will be either a background color or image which will fill up the remaining area of the header.

My questions are:

1) When viewing on smaller screens, and based on the fact the swf file is 300 px left to right.... what happens when someone looks at the site from say an Iphone?

Is the header and flash file scaled down proportionately? I don't want to have the SWF logo video cut off if looking thru a device that is smaller than the size of the animation.

I wouldn't mind if it is scaled smaller (maintaining aspect ratio) to fit within the device dimensions.

Can anyone make some suggestions or point to a tutorial that could help me design this site to accommodate these various devices.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]