Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE DREAMWEAVER:HomeDreamweaver ForumDreamweaver TutorialsFAQAdobe FlashWeb Design

Re: JS Combine Effects

COW Forums : Adobe Dreamweaver

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

demetri tashieRe: JS Combine Effects
by on Jun 4, 2010 at 4:11:19 am

hey- why are you giving up so easily?

this can of course be done just using Dreamweaver and javascript. the subject of doing an 'out' and then an 'in' animation from the old page to the new page is always a subject that seems to baffle people. it is a popular - though frustrating - topic in the Flash forums. i've written a few turorials on how to accomplish it in Actionscript - either using Timeline tweens, or through importing external SWFs as the 'pages'

i've been working on it all day ( well, almost all day) to try to do this just in javascript. here is a real ugly example of it. i threw in a super ugly header, which has a mp3 QT file, so you can have something playing over each of the pages loading. with each click of a button, the current page fades out, then the new page fades in.

i figured i could either do it by having layered DIVs which i would manipulate their opacities, or i could laod external html pages into a single DI. i decided to have a new external html file load in to the same DIV rather than have layered DIVs and just manipulate their opacity. that would have been easier, but less of a challenge!
actually i wanted to have external pages cause that is what i would more likely use in the real world.

if this was actionscript i wouldn't be so proud of it , becasue so much is written out in 'long-hand'. but with javascript, that is the phase i am at so i am satisfied that i can do it and understand it. i'll strive to get it more concise and 'modular'. should i be thinking OOP in javascript ? oh brother...

anyway, this is the link:
ww.demetri-media.com/test/ImportingExternalContent/index2b.html
i'll assume you can view the source code and examine all the code. there are a few external javascript files/classes used also .
i'll be glad to explain it as best as i can. hope this gives you good ideas.

BTW- i am NOT thinking about iPhone/iPad compatability at this point. that will come later. these are just experiments to first come to grips with the whole Ajax/DHTML/web 2 thing first.( i was much happier with Flash ........)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]