Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE FLASH:HomeFlash ForumFlash TutorialsFlash Video TutorialsWeb Streaming ForumAdobe FlashPodcast

Exporting vector image from Flash to After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index

David HorlerExporting vector image from Flash to After Effects?
by on Apr 6, 2012 at 4:33:03 am

Hi,

I want to export some shape drawings from Flash into After Effects. They need to be original vector files, rather than derivative bitmap rasters. It seems that exporting as .swf is the only way to do this.

I have run into some issues though. When I export a symbol as an image (any format), it doesn't seem to export 'just' the image. Instead, it seems to export an image with the dimensions of a Flash scene. Therefore I get a cute little vector image in the top-right corner (yay!) but I also get about 80% negative space (boo!).

This isn't the end of the world, as I will be adjusting the anchor ready for animation anyway. But I still want my exported images to be the appropriate dimensions, especially so that they appear properly in preview windows and are less unwieldy in an After Effects composition.

Any clues? Thanks

Posts Index
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Exporting vector image from Flash to After Effects? by David Horler on Apr 6, 2012 at 4:33:03 am

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]