Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE FLASH:HomeFlash ForumFlash TutorialsFlash Video TutorialsWeb Streaming ForumAdobe FlashPodcast

Missing letters after punctuation when transferring from .xml to flash.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Laura FloerschMissing letters after punctuation when transferring from .xml to flash.
by on Oct 27, 2011 at 4:30:27 pm

I am having a bit of trouble with some code translating to flash from dreamweaver. I am working on a FB template and the person who wrote the code didn't think this issue was worth fixing apparently. :/ I am putting complete sentences into the main.xml that translates into flash but when I save and preview the file in flash I am missing the letter after most punctuations.

Here is the code I am just typing in text to:

<titlePage name="about">
<imagesPage>
<image imageUrl="images/tfile_about_pic_1.png" link="#"/>
</imagesPage>

<texts>
<pageText><![CDATA[Get To Know Us]]></pageText>
<pageText><![CDATA[The name Vanguard Homes is the perfect fit. "Vanguard" means to be at the forefront of a movement or trend.<br><br>Vanguard Homes is a new company with a fresh vision, but that doesn't mean its leader is a novice to the industry. As Vice President in charge of construction at Saddletree and Symphony Homes, Mark Long has built nearly 1,000 homes in his thirteen year career. A native of Colorado, and a former military officer, Mark's role in the industry has always been customer focused. ]]></pageText>

</texts>

<pagePopup>
<popup>
<item name="title"><![CDATA[Read More]]></item>
<item name="linkText"><![CDATA[When seeking a name for his company, Mark Long wanted the name to clearly represent his vision. Mark's vision? Simple, yet bold: To provide new home buyers with superior homes, customer service, and simply greater value than what the local industry has ever offered before.<br><br>The name Vanguard Homes is the perfect fit. "Vanguard" means to be at the forefront of a movement or trend.<br>Vanguard Homes is a new company with a fresh vision, but that doesn't mean its leader is a novice to the industry. As Vice President in charge of construction at Saddletree and Symphony Homes, Mark Long has built nearly 1,000 homes in his thirteen year career. A native of Colorado, and a former military officer, Mark's role in the industry has always been customer focused.<br>Recently, as many semi-custom builders have slowed production, left Colorado Springs, or just dropped out of the business, Vanguard Homes is aggressively moving forward with fresh design ideas and the newest home technologies to enhance value.<br><br>E-MAIL: <a href="mailto:mail@DEMOLINK.ORG">INFO@DEMOLINK.ORG</a><br><br>]]></item>

</popup>
</pagePopup>
</titlePage>

And this is what the text looks like when it is previewed as a .swf file:

Also, there is no "Read More link" ?? Where does this bottom text code appear?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]