Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE FLASH:HomeFlash ForumFlash TutorialsFlash Video TutorialsWeb Streaming ForumAdobe FlashPodcast

Importing an interactive .swf file into a full flash site

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Laura FloerschImporting an interactive .swf file into a full flash site
by on Oct 14, 2011 at 5:45:12 pm

Ok, I've looked over this site and the world wide web and still can't really find the answer to my problem, if there is one. I made seven different flash interactive picture slideshows with "flash slideshow maker" and have an entirely full flash site that I need to import them into as interactive. Not exactly a beginner at flash but definitely an amateur, have never dealt with a .swf inside a .fla. if you can even do that.
I know that the swf file is not a movie and every time I import it into the library (which I'm also not sure if that is the right way to go about it) and then try and put it into a pop up page when you click on the tattoo artist's name, it is a big white x looking frame that flashes and in the middle says, watch again. I already have the code for the page that pops up, but I'm really not sure how to get this slideshow to play and be interactive.
I ran into a couple archived forums that said I need to make it into a movie, not a swf but will it still be interactive? And also, how do I make a swf an importable movie?
This is the website and the links that go to the "Gallery Under Construction" Pop up page is where I need the movie to go:
http://www.livingarttattoostudio.com

Also, on an unrelated, yet same site, side note: I also cannot get a couple outside links to recognize the url link:

on(release){
getURL("http://www.website.com");
}

It has an action on it already:
on (rollOver) {
gotoAndPlay("s1");
}
on (rollOut, releaseOutside) {
gotoAndPlay("s2");

It's the production company link in the bottom left corner. Why is it not letting me link to an _blank website page?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]