Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE FLASH:HomeFlash ForumFlash TutorialsFlash Video TutorialsWeb Streaming ForumAdobe FlashPodcast

Flash Player Running Slow

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Scott RichardsonFlash Player Running Slow
by on Aug 20, 2008 at 1:40:51 pm

Hello,

I recently built a "message board" informational tv channel that runs over our campus cable network here at the college I work at. Basically, we used to have a looping powerpoint, but, decided to step it up a little this year.

I built the system in flash, and it incorporates some flash video, a few dynamic text boxes reading in external text documents, and an rss feed. I drop updated files onto a Mac Mini which holds a projector file to display all of the content at fullscreen.

The system works fine at first, but, the problem is that the movie loops continuously. I'm guessing that the flash video wears on the system after a while, and by the end of a weekend when the file hasn't been touched for 4 or 5 days, the movie is just crawling along, very, very slowly. Even after 1 overnight, it seems to be a little slow.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get around this problem?

Computer specs are below:
-Mac Mini
-Running OSX 10.4.11
-1.66 GHz Intel Core Duo
-1 GB Ram

The big part of making this system was to be able to update it minimally, but, always have it displaying current information (that's why it's reading in rss and the text files which are updated weekly. The videos are for special events, and are at most 30 secs long each. Right now, there are only 3 or 4 on there, but, for this weekends events, there will be many more, so, I want to make sure it will work!)

Thank you in advance!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]