Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Re: PLA Keyframe Falloff

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris ArnoldRe: PLA Keyframe Falloff
by on Jul 25, 2012 at 8:23:40 pm

Thanks Adam. I got this to work. I have never used the Point Cache deformer before or never knew about since it's in the Character menu in R13, something I don't frequent.

The basic workflow. For each different PLA state duplicate the object and have only that single keyframe. Attach a point cache tag to each of those objects and bake the cache. This will bake then single state through all the keyframes. Then on the object I want to deform you can apply multiple Point Cache deformers to it each link to a separete point cache. This method allows the point cache's to blend into each other as seen in the image attached.

Why not use a single morph tag? The way the morph deformer is setup in R13, which is really silly, is the morph targets are directly linked to the morph tag. Even having multiple morph deformers, and changing a target on on of them will update to use the same target on all the other deformers. So quite useless hence why I was attempting to have multiple tags and multiple deformers. And like I said, even though somewhat working, has limitations and issues.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]