Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Crystal Tumbling Infront Of Moving Camera

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

jay inglesCrystal Tumbling Infront Of Moving Camera
by on Jul 4, 2012 at 5:46:30 pm

I'm trying to have a crystal follow the position of the camera (but slightly behind so it remains in shot). Since the item is a irregular shape, I would need it to tumble and bounce off the ground as it tries to keep up with the camera. It should look slow-motion and graceful.

Approach 1:
I've tried building a simple rig where there is an attractor parented to the camera to pull the crystal, then a negative attractor with a fall-off to restrict it if it gets too close to camera. No luck.

Approach 2:
Align object to Spline, parent spline to the camera, enable objects "follow position" so it keeps up with camera. No luck. Results are very rigid and crystal doesn't tumble "head over heels" but instead is dragged along ground.

Any ideas how to resolve this?
Thanks for your help!

4365_crystaljumping.zip

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]