Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Re: Make objects invisible as they pass behind non rendering geometry

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Christopher HandrickRe: Make objects invisible as they pass behind non rendering geometry
by on Jun 13, 2012 at 9:18:04 pm

Microsoft Expression Blend. It's a program for making silverlight applications.

I'm working on a sporting event animation that would introduce players, and they want to use a silverlight application to pull all the information about the players from a list.

I did some more research and found that the program can create some limited clipping masks, but it turns out my problem isn't limited to masking. My animation contains several rotating elements and a cylinder that enters, pauses in the middle while all the player information is played, and then leaves. The real problem I've discovered is that in expression blend these would be three separate animations that would be played back to back driven by code. However I have no way of knowing how long the middle section would need to loop for all the player information to be displayed. So while I can easily make a very long looping version of the middle animation, the big problem is that when it finishes and tries to play the animation of the cylinder leaving, it isn't properly synced and all the objects that spin throughout the whole animation have a noticeable twitch from the wrong keyframes being played next to eachother.

I can't think of any way to avoid this, so right now I'm more or less starting the whole project over again.

Again, I apologize if this post is hard to understand but it's gotten to the point where it's hard for me to even properly think about the problem myself much less explain it.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]