Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

How do you render out the background object and use it in after effects with multipass layers

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig RickerHow do you render out the background object and use it in after effects with multipass layers
by on May 2, 2012 at 7:11:02 am

Basically, i'm rendering my scene where the objects are on a plane with a white reflective material.
I have used the same material on a Background object.

When I render my scene using various multipass options and the open the compositing file created in after effects. My objects are there correctly on the plane, but there is no background object?

I.e it appears the cinema 4d background object doesnt get rendered out?

Its there in the RGB pass, but not in any of the other passes.

So I tried to do a render with alpha turned on, but then the alpha channel didnt show anything? So its like the alpha sees the background object. So then I tried an object buffer on the background object, but it too came up empty?

So i'm trying to work out, how I can get the background out of cinema 4d, so i can composite it into after effects with my objects.

Any help is most appreciated

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]