Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Re: Thanks to all the guys that he1p out here!

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Darby EdelenRe: Thanks to all the guys that he1p out here!
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 3:50:50 pm

[Craig Ricker] "2. How do you join a point (vertice) to an edge? Is there a tool that does this?"

If you have a point already that you'd like to join to the edge then I believe you'll need to create a point where you'd like to join the other vertex to the edge as the only tool I'm aware of that joins points is the Weld tool (shortcut: m-q) that Brian mentioned. That tool requires at least 2 points to weld them together.

There are a few tools for creating points on an edge including the Add Point tool (m-a), the Edge Cut tool (m-f) and the Knife tool (m-k). These all work differently. I prefer to use the Edge Cut tool whenever possible and the Knife tool in most other cases.

For joining edges or faces together there's the Stich and Sew tool (m-p) and the Bridge tool (m-b). These also work slightly differently. The Stitch and Sew tool generally works better on edges while the Bridge tool generally works better on faces. The Stitch and Sew tool normally moves one edge to another and combines them, but it can also be modified using the Shift key (create a new face between the two edges, like the bridge tool) or the Command/Ctrl key (move both edges toward each other and join them at the mid point).

Darby Edelen

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]