Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
MAXON CINEMA 4D:Cinema 4D ForumCinema 4D TutorialsCinema 4D TagAdobe After Effects Forum

Re: MoGraph arrow head alignment problem

COW Forums : Cinema 4D

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jack EvansRe: MoGraph arrow head alignment problem
by on Jun 30, 2009 at 12:50:39 am

I can duplicate this, using the file that Brian posted above. If I render it to the picture viewer, I get spikes sticking through the arrow heads. If I do a render view, or if I render a preview, I don't get the spikes. When I render out the animation, I get the spikes with full render, hardware preview, or software preview.

FWIW, I'm still using the demo (R11.010) on a Windows Vista 32 bit computer. I wouldn't think this would be a demo-related thing, but, ya never know.

Other quirks: In stepping through the frames one at a a time, I notice right away that the circled rectangle object is poking through the arrow head object. You can see this pretty clearly around frame 9. It seems like it would look better in any event if the rectangular end of the sweep object could be made to just touch the back of the arrow head object.

Also, if you step through to, say, frame 25, then click the button to jump to the end frame, the arrowheads jump to the correct position, but the sweep object doesn't make its arc; it jumps in a straight line from it's position in frame 25 to the end. If you do a render view of this odd arrangement, it does show up in the render.

I don't know enough about C4D yet to suggest a solution, but maybe there something that can be tweaked in the sweep NURBS object.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]