Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE XSAN:HomeXsan ForumSAN TutorialsSAN Forum

Re: rebuilt a computer, forgot to remove it from Xsan admin, how to re-add it?

COW Forums : Apple Xsan

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave KleeRe: rebuilt a computer, forgot to remove it from Xsan admin, how to re-add it?
by on Jul 22, 2009 at 8:13:52 pm

Hey Steve, if you authenticate to your metadata controllers (Xsan servers) through that setup assistant for Xsan admin, it should let you through to that normal interface without authenticating every single client (edit suite). Does that help?

However, I typically have a computer set aside for administration tasks -- like adding and removing clients from the Xsan -- which generally means you only have to go through that setup assistant once. I know some people use the metadata controller (server) itself to run Xsan Admin on. You should be able to manage your whole Xsan from any computer on your network running Xsan Admin.

I've made this mistake in the past -- upgrading a machine without first removing it from the SAN -- and was able to recover using that separate administrative computer to forcefully remove the old computer from the SAN. You running Xsan 2 or 1.4?

Let me know if that helps!

Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]