Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Securing Firewire cable to FS100

COW Forums : FireStore

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron CraigRe: Securing Firewire cable to FS100
by on May 27, 2009 at 5:20:55 pm

Yes, another colleague of mine informed me that I was waay to testy with Michael's response. Must have been a bad day for me...

Thanks also for your response. We've actually used Firestore a lot -- in shoots all over the world, in fact -- and it was only on this most recent shoot that we had trouble with the Firewire connection, resulting in data loss.

I'm not a DP but the DPs I work with are extremely protective of their cameras and lenses. Frankly, they don't want to stick a bunch of gaffer's tape on their very expensive equipment (source of their livelihoods) for a variety of reasons. So I'm looking for a solution that meets both of our needs. (Yes, I know you see gaffers tape all over equipment on Hollywood sets -- because that's all RENTAL gear. But you'd better not mess with a top DP's personal $50,000 camera/lens.)

Much as I like Firestore I think far too little attention was paid to the real-world issue of connections for the data cable. Hopefully future generations of the design will rectify this.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]