Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
VIDEO HOSTING:Demo ReelsDemo Reels ForumUpload Your Demo ReelPromote Your Service or BusinessServices

Re: Demo Reel - Constructive Criticism Please

COW Forums : Demo Reels

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David MichaelRe: Demo Reel - Constructive Criticism Please
by on Jul 19, 2009 at 4:06:49 am

I got the impression from watching your footage that not all of it jives completely with the soundtrack you've used. Specifically, some of the scenes with the doctors seem like they are from an entirely different genre, the color correction you will do at the end I'm sure will be able to set the mood differently if need be, but of course isn't absolutely necessary. I like that first shot you've used of the kid's face and the upward track, the character's movements struck me as very odd initially and unnatural in a way, but definitely made me interested, in fact I really want to see the resolution of that shot. Perhaps you could throw this in sometime after to remind your audience where they are coming from. When you broke the post production work down later, I thought it was very good and interesting and perhaps could have come sooner, since all the shots don't necessarily feel like they have to be in this order, though I can see that many do. The breakdown was much stronger to watch than say, the man hiding the gun in his shirt. Or the woman pointing the gun toward the camera. I noticed there is a slight change in the music at that point, perhaps a more distinct musical breakdown would accompany this better and allow you to insert it earlier. There is one cut I think you could definitely make sooner. The shot of the old man with the ear piece watching the kid ought to cut to the VFX four counts earlier, it ought to hit when the treble sounds hit again after the bass breakdown. These are just my thoughts, I hope at least one of them is helpful (and probably only one is).
-David

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]