Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE MOTION:HomeMotion ForumMotion TutorialsTagFCP ForumFCP Tutorials

Odd render issue in FCP using Motion Project?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Thomas Morter-LaingOdd render issue in FCP using Motion Project?
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 10:04:05 pm

OK so firstly I'd rather have an actual motion project rather than an export on the timeline because I have quite a few animations and I'd like to be able to dip in and out of them.
The FCP project settings are:

This hasn't been a problem so far but for some reason is in this instance. Im working with an adobe illustrator file (vector) and its a REALLY simple animation- its a small logo in the top right (the illustrator vector file). There is a duplicate of the logo one on top of the other, one with a glow filter (from fxfactory) and one without. I use a mask to make it as if the glow goes down the image- simple stuff. The top logo has reduced opacity. I don't know how any of that would cause this issue but the more info the better.

Anyway, here's the weird bit- in FCP, when the motion project is on the timeline, its looks fine, except it needs rendering (orange because RT is set to unltd). It even plays back OK like that, keeping its looks (just losing a few frames perhaps). Underneath it on the FCP timeline there is a white solid. (removing it makes no difference)/ When I go to actually render it, the motn clip looks fine when its not playing, but when its playing back it goes REALLY fuzzy. When I try and export it, it looks kind of OK, but it should be flawless and totally clear! (Its a vector image!!!)

Ive used all the same settings in other animations in the same way and it looks fine with them. Any ideas?
Oh the motion prom settings are:

For now I CAN just export the thing ad its OK, but would rather not have to because this is a client who likes changes, and Id rather not having to keep re-exporting stuff. Also for the record Ive tried playing with the project settings in Motion to little avail- changed it to Broadcast HD, changes the pixels to square and all sorts. Im baffled :S

:D

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]