Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE MOTION:HomeMotion ForumMotion TutorialsTagFCP ForumFCP Tutorials

Template Creation Problem

COW Forums : Apple Motion

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SwansonTemplate Creation Problem
by on Jun 13, 2011 at 7:55:31 am

I have a template I'm setting up for a tennis graphic that we use daily in FCP. Right now everything works fine and this is how we set up the scores for a 3 set match:

But now we want to colorize the winning set yellow like this:

How would everyone tackle this? The set boxes colored would change with just about every match we do (a news highlight show). And During grand slams the matches are 5 sets. That's a lot of different color combinations.

I was thinking a drop zone to change the colors but I'm not sure that will work as I'm not experienced using those.

In an ideal situation I would like the default color of the set boxes to be white. Then all I would need to do is drop a yellow solid onto my drop zone to change the winning set in fcp. Am I on track here? Can drop zones even contain a default color? If anyone has some tips let me know. I'd also like to hear if anyone else uses Motion templates in a sports show with lots of result boards.

Macbook Pro 17
2.6 ghz
4 gigs ram
GeForce 8600 GT 512 mb
Caldigit HDOne Raid 5
QT 7.6.3 / QT 10.0
FCS, CS4 Production

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY