Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: I QUIT.... Working for nothing.

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ronald LindeboomRe: I QUIT.... Working for nothing.
by on Aug 5, 2012 at 9:10:49 pm

One thing that I have "well observed" (to quote you, Andy, is that you NEVER address any of the points that people make. All you want to do is complain.

You have had your say and have had your bitchfest more than a number of times now.

Our policy is one that when arguments just become noise, we warn the people doing it and ask them to stop or we will simply terminate their accounts.

You have had your say and you will not do people here the respect of responding to their advice and well meaning offers of ideas that have worked for them. You just ignore it all and only like to bitch about what you see as the lousy changes in our industry.

As I said somewhere else in this thread: life is always in a state of flux and it is those who can adapt that survive. You wish to stay right in the circumstances as they have been for you in the past and do not wish to explore other options that people have proffered to you. Your only argument is that you are going to low-ball. Good luck.

I know people here who have RAISED their prices to purposely drive off the ones who buy from low-ballers and who have fewer clients than they once had -- some even end up with more -- but they make more money with the ones they now have. There have always been those who like to buy cheap and there will always be those who know that cheap is usually an invitation to a nightmare. They are willing to pay for great work. AND they work through relationships built on trust.

Cultivating that type of business is what many here have focused on. It works. Not for everyone, as nothing ever does. But it is far better to work with the clients who work through relationships than it is to hang a shingle and wait for "Now serving number 1732" to pop in.

Best regards,

Ronald Lindeboom
CEO Emeritus, Creative COW LLC
Publisher Emeritus, Creative COW Magazine
A 2011 FOLIO: 40 honoree as one of the 40 most influential publishers in America
http://www.creativecow.net

Creativity is a process wherein the student and the teacher are located in the same individual.

"Incompetence has never prevented me from plunging in with enthusiasm."
- Woody Allen

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those that matter, don't mind -- and those that mind, don't matter." - Dr. Seuss

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]