Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: I QUIT.... Working for nothing.

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SuszkoRe: I QUIT.... Working for nothing.
by on Jul 29, 2012 at 1:08:04 am

While we're on the subject of what's on your web page, I saw that you list a lot of details about your computer and software. Are you sure that this is useful or a positive thing? Where I'm coming from is, if i am a client that's kind of ignorant, is the hardware and software plug-ins list supposed to impress me - because if I don't know what all that stuff means, it's just hash words.

OTOH if I'm a pro myself, or had experience dealing with pros, would the hardware info there really be of much value? Could I use it as a shopping list to buy my own stuff to compete with you? I suppose it is a positive for netting clients, in the cases where you have specific file formats and you're looking for someone already able to deal with those.

But my overall thinking on this, just my own, understand, is that it may scare off more business than it brings in, to be too free with listing everything you have. If you have to list the wireless keyboard for the computer as a selling feature of your post service, well... :-) And conversely, smaller potential clients might get scared off by too big a list of techno-babble.

My experience of editing clients is that they come in two main flavors. The larger majority of them are:

"Just tell me what time it is, not how to build the clock"

and

"I could cut this myself, let me move your hands for you".

I only get those kind once in a blue moon.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]