Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: How do I charge a #client for my #idea?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark SuszkoRe: How do I charge a #client for my #idea?
by on Jul 21, 2012 at 6:30:23 pm

It *used* to be the American way. Not to get too political here, but American copyright law is a mess because corporate interests, Disney foremost among them, successfully bought-off Congress to keep extending copyright protections way beyond what would be fair to the estates of the original creators, and to lock everything up so that guys like us are afraid to let anything appear in our frame for fear of a lawsuit.

Meanwhile, the overly protective laws breed contempt and defiance by the "small fry" like wedding guys and in-house producers, creating a piratical atmosphere. We sit in a situation where following every nuance of the statutes is ridiculously complex and discouraging to the law-abiding, but the punishments for minor infractions are obscenely overdone. It can't change until we change the laws, and we can't change the laws unless we're billionaires.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]