Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Cable organization

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Nick GriffinRe: Cable organization
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 8:07:51 pm

We have a "go bag" of stingers and most of the audio stuff lives in another "go bag" so they're both ready for field shoots, which is 98% of what we do, at least in video.

As our systems have grown I began by "decorating" the stand that holds the fireplace implements in my office with cables which weren't in use at the time. (It seemed OK as the fireplace isn't used much either.) When space ran out on that the decorating continued on a nearby guitar floor stand. (Sorry guitar you have to stay in the case.) Also have a few drawers filled with various like items, ie.- drawer of power supplies and their cables, drawer of USB and Firewire cables, adapters, un-used hubs, etc. So, no. I don't have a very good system. Certainly NOTHING as organized and sensible as John's.

The bigger issue is boxes in our storage area overflowing with things like SCSI 1 & 2 cables, cables for monitors long gone, cables for our old network… you get the idea. Junk. Junk that's hard to throw out when thinking, "Jeezz, I spent a fortune on all this stuff once upon a time." But should become easy to take to the re-cycling dump when I admit that SCSI isn't coming back and we'll need that storage space for what we're using now when everything starts getting hooked up with Thuderbolt cabling.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]