Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: New Independent Marketing Executive Program for Videographers

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jonathan GouldRe: New Independent Marketing Executive Program for Videographers
by on Jan 20, 2012 at 12:57:52 pm

Hi Scott, I appreciate your comments. To clarify, I envision you having a well-trained "foot soldier" promoting your work to the community. I'm not really talking big corporations that you need a pre-established relationship.

These sales reps would be trained on what kind of businesses are right for a promotional video, for example plastic surgeon, cosmetic dentist, chiropractor, restaurant, and so on. They would be trained to target the right businesses.

In this case, a $6000 job is not a $6000 job. The price is whatever you tell them it is. These local business owners have no clue what the "going rate" is and I don't think they could tell the difference between a $6000 job and a $30,000 job. They probably have zero experience with video marketing.

In this case, you could charge the $7200 to cover the referral fee.

Yes it is true that you are the expert and you do the bulk of the work and what you do is genius, however you could be the very best videographer this side of the Mississippi but if nobody knows about you, you'll be the best kept secret.

Nothing happens until you get the client. The sales rep will facilitate you getting the client. It is a necessary first step. Without the sales rep, how will the local community find out about you. And if they don't find out about you, they are missing out on one awesome way to promote their business.

Hearing everybody's opinion, perhaps 15% of the total project is more like it. And you know what, if they work their butt off and pursue a prospect for you and book a consultation for you, don't they deserve to earn some money. An amount that provides some incentive?

All the best.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]