Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: New Independent Marketing Executive Program for Videographers

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd TerryRe: New Independent Marketing Executive Program for Videographers
by on Jan 19, 2012 at 4:19:05 pm

[Jonathan Gould] "Does this sound like something you would be willing to try?"

It might work super well for some, but I'm not sure it's anything we would try in our shop.

I'm not really much a fan of commission-based anything. If I were going to hire someone to do sales, I'd personally much rather be a stand-up employer and actually put someone on staff (with salary and benefits), rather than basically hiring a "freelance" sales person and pay them an exorbitant commission.

I don't know about anyone else in here, but here we certainly don't have enough of a profit margin to give anyone a 20% cut of anything... unless we were to seriously jack up our rates. And then our clients wouldn't buy that... we're already the most expensive game in town and it's hard enough to get clients to pony up the dough for what we do charge. Actually, we don't have so much trouble with getting clients, agreeing to our rates, or landing jobs... we're pretty blessed to keep a full production schedule. The only kink is sometimes getting them to find their checkbooks after a job is done... we have a few clients that need a nudge in that direction now and then.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]