Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Discovery Channel's Producers Portal.... Any experience?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

cynthia dimariaRe: Discovery Channel's Producers Portal.... Any experience?
by on Dec 1, 2011 at 10:05:09 pm

-- Hi all its been a while! I had to move out of the state and regroup so I could come back to California and deal with being ripped off! So a update: The Atty for the Discovery Channel contacted me and gave me the typical I don't have a case , I have limited producer experience and I was not the only one that wanted to do a Gold show....Then he brought up the clause that the Discovery owns all the submissions when submitted to the producers portal. I really would like to paste the letter but I am afraid that I might get in trouble for doing so. So on that note I am just giving you the break down(less wordy and pretentious ) . But I will paste my last email to them I think you will get the just of it. My last email to the atty for Discovery.

The email you sent me was what I expected an infringer would send. I sent in a treatment for a reality show regarding gold mining a specific type of mining.Even my pitch of “Hope”, to the viewers was taken and used in a condescending way. My treatment is archived and protected. The producer’s portal is unethical if in fact the Discovery Channel uses its small print to steal the creative material from others. I am sure you have loopholes to support your claim of no infringement but be aware there are loopholes to support my case of infringement. I am not the only one this has happened to via the producer’s portal. I now see that I will have to be strategic in my pursuit for justice. I guess you and the Discovery Channel are in the class of the 1 percent and I am in the mere 99 percent. As the news tells us the general population is tired of being taken advantage of. This is why there is a revolt nation wide. I repeat the producers portal has done this before I am sure with the proper research there is a hornets’nest waiting to be free. Thanks for the email; I know you are doing your job. Cynthia Dimaria

Cynthia Dimaria

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]