Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: My Next Move

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Sam CornelisRe: My Next Move
by on Oct 25, 2011 at 6:34:41 pm

A few years ago I was in exact the same position. Everyone in my department got laid off - they were going to outsource everything. I offered them that I would continue the job on a freelance basis. They were happy with this plan, because they could keep the knowledge inhouse (sort of - remember: the entire department got laid off), and I could dare to make the jump to my own company with this prospect.

And I did make the jump. But looking back, I didn't do that much work for my old employer. There were just too much other projects. However, the idea felt safe.

What I want to say is: going freelance means you have to jump in a lot of things you don't know how it is going to work out. Almost everything can be negotiated, as long as the idea is good for every party. I like the idea that you want to propose you do only the video work for the car dealership. That will make the search to a graphic designer/webmaster easier. Because there are more graphic designer/webmasters than there are graphic designer/webmaster/videographers.

If I read your posts, I get the feeling that you know what you want to do. I also see that you know how to discuss the things with every party involved ... so, you'll find the answers you need. Good luck.

- I have read the entire internet, and I am feeling a little bit bored, so I started to reply to interesting forum topics.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]