Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Freelance Editing + non competition agreement

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

lisa sermanRe: Freelance Editing + non competition agreement
by on Feb 23, 2011 at 9:49:40 pm

Okay,
wait.... lol

Easy way of looking at it perhaps. My producer produces commercials for our local Ford car dealership.She calls them her client (as they are) PBS is not only a network, but a production company as well. They are in a different category than local mom and pop businesses who have nothing to do with television production. I don't believe even my producer can classify PBS as her "client". It's not the same.

Example: We both share the same camera guy. I introduced my cam guy to my producer. I can't say to my camera guy... "hey look, you got to sign a contract stating that you wont work with any other production company other than me" It wouldn't even be right to ask him for a 10-15% commission on all the gigs he gets with her. I cannot dictate what production company he works for just as this woman cannot make me sign a contract stating that I cannot work for PBS without consent. Doesn't make sense.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+2
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]