Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: A question about salary, as usual.

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rick TurnersRe: A question about salary, as usual.
by on Mar 2, 2010 at 11:23:27 pm

Geez, you guys are lucky.

I've been working in LA for a few years, worked in a couple "big" post houses.. and all of the assistants (of course) secretly talk about their pay...

an assistant editor right now is lucky to get 35-40k per year based on data i've gathered from 20 or so assistant editors over the last 2 years. (3 trailer houses and 4 full service post houses, as a freelancer)

It makes sense.. there are 30,000~ new grads every years in the US who all default to being editors after graduation. (after giving up careers as directors, of course.)

It's a buyers market.

Grinner...
750 a day for a freelancer? Where?.. maybe for a top notch flame artist doing stereo vfx work on a coca cola spot?
Having worked with a lot of smoke artists/avid DS/and fcp guys I've never met one who is getting close to that.

If that is the going rate in St. Louis let us know..

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]