Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Know when the holidays have officially arrived?

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron LindeboomRe: Know when the holidays have officially arrived?
by on Dec 8, 2009 at 8:55:45 pm

I am a huge fan of *most every* kind of music, Herb. But I also take music as a spiritual journey/connection, and so I have limits to what I want to put into my cranium. That offends some people but that is okay, as I said that I also have very bizarre and eclectic tastes that are hardly mainstream in many instances.

I love Sarah Vaughn and many of the old jazz divas. I like many of the newer torch singers, as well.

I love SOME forms of opera and am a huge fan of classical music and also most every other form of music except hip hop and rap -- it's just not my thing. I can appreciate certain forms of metal and hardcore, and I like much of the new indie music that is out today.

I can do without Brittney and Christina or Mariah, am not big on Garth Brooks or any of the "cookie cutter country" stars that all look and sound the same.

Corporate music of any shape, size or description is not my cup of tea.

I tend to the eclectic and the melodic. The bigger the melodies and harmonies, the more I am probably going to like it.

But there are just some people that I do not want to listen to. It is less a style thing than a person thing.

After all, I even have a few hip hop and rap artists that I will listen to, and it is my least likely musical form.

I just don't really like glorifying violence against women or other human beings and so the people that tend to the gangster thing and the mafia thing, etc., are not likely to score high on my list of people that I am going to "grant my rapidly turning time clock" to burning up its limited minutes, thank you.

But again, that's just me. Others live in a different world and that's what makes people so interesting.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Creativity is a type of learning process where the teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Antoine de Saint Exupéry

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]