Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Avid laying off 120 people

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

grinner hesterRe: Avid laying off 120 people
by on Dec 7, 2009 at 8:24:01 pm

[Shane Ross] "Avid isn't going to go away. Too many post facilities, TV production and new production facilities and television and film productions rely on it."

This has been Avid's thinking. Hence the drop in position. Truth is, all of those workflows rely on edit solutions and the truth is there are rapidly becoming more viable solutions.
For me personally, it's not so much their decline in product as others have grown (though that is a factor to consider), it's their dishonesty through this growing pain process. It makes it veeery hard for folks like me to roll the dice on things like MC4 (the new MC 4, not the first one ;)
The fact that their a dice-rolling factor at all says alot about where they are. Mix that with the massive and understandable distrust they have created and, well, folks get laid off.
I think every indistry ahs two kinds of companies. Those who play for keeps and those who are temporary. I don't see Avid as a for keeps kind of company anymore.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]