Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Recession and Video Production

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

walter biscardiRe: Recession and Video Production
by on Mar 7, 2009 at 2:32:29 pm

[Nick Griffin] "That and working 18 hour days, 6 or 7 days a week. Remember Walter, I saw the industrial-strength coffeemaker just ten or so steps from your edit suite. "

Not to mention the espresso maker right next to it and of course the coffee grinder. What's the point of coffeemakers if you don't have fresh ground beans right?

Funny you should mention Facebook in your post. Recently we had a thread about Social websites and whether you could use them for marketing. The overwhelming consensus (including mine) was no, you're not going to get anything useful off of them.

Well recently I discovered a Facebook Group made up of alumni from a network I used to work for. Unlike most of the Groups on that site, this one is a closed one and you have to prove you worked there in order to join because it's supposed to allow us alumni to network with each other.

Not even two weeks after joining, I was contacted by a Producer I used to work with and we're working up a contract on a one year project. He had heard from someone else that I was doing "something with post production" in the Atlanta area, but didn't know what. After I joined the group, he went to the website and saw exactly what we have going on up here.

I've also been contacted by other alumni asking to visit the facility since HD Post houses are in demand these days and they're impressed we're set up so well at a very reasonable cost to the end user.

So as unorthodox as it sounds, I found another revenue generating opportunity in the most unlikely of places by just digging around to see what else was there besides reconnecting with my old friends from High School and College. (which has been absolutely wonderful too!)

It goes back to what you say Nick, good relationships. He already knew good things about me and the company through friends of friends and when my name popped up as a new member, it spurred action.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Biscardi Creative Media
HD and SD Production for Broadcast and Independent Productions.

Read my Blog!

STOP STARING AND START GRADING WITH APPLE COLOR Apple Color Training DVD available now!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]