Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Recession and Video Production

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

cow
joel jacksonRecession and Video Production
by on Mar 7, 2009 at 1:13:49 am

It's been a while since I've had time to be on the COW, BUT, I'll buy the inside cover for $1500.00. Seriously, today!

What I think we will find, and it may take some time, is that there is a reason our clients "stick" with us. They can shop out cheaper alternatives and may get good results once or twice, but do their new hires really understand their brand. Can they show up on a shoot and say, "wait, isn't that the old packaging" to the producer to save his butt on set. That is what a true client relationship is all about. Protecting and making our clients look good. We're in the business of making people, corporations, and broadcasters look good. And more importantly FEEL good. That may sound ridiculous but it's true. Yes, there are a million professionals out there that can shoot and cut a "blow your mind" video (and I hire these people) but without that deeper dedication to the production and brand the client will not return for future business.

Here I am in Paris shooting high fashion for L'Oreal by my own design, for my own company. These are the business principals I believe in and as always, I could be wrong.

But I stray, what economically based issue are you guys dealing with? I really want to know what our industry is facing and I can't find answers. Should I start a forum?

Best,
Joel

Joel Jackson
http://www.creativebloc.com/port.html

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy