Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Designing for Kiosks, wall displays, ambient sound

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris BlairRe: Designing for Kiosks, wall displays, ambient sound
by on Oct 1, 2008 at 2:36:34 am

We've done a handful of informational kiosks and we got a lot of help from the Director forum as well. The ones we designed had touchscreens that would trigger video, informational graphics, animations etc. on a larger LCD or plasma display. In each, we basically built a wide presentation with the menu on one side and the display info (including videos) on the other.

What seemed really complex turned out to be pretty simple in terms of structure and design. We designed everything and produced the videos, but doing the programming was pretty complex so we hired out a freelancer for that.

But I bet there are some people on the Director site that have done stuff similar to what you're asking.

Also...I just got back from a Disney vacation with my family and their theme parks have some of the most amazing kiosks, wall displays and interactive stuff I've ever seen. Wonder if the Disney folks frequent these forums?? Worth asking around.

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy