Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Opinion on my landing page...

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan HamiltonRe: Opinion on my landing page...
by on Mar 12, 2008 at 2:39:07 am

G'day Paul,

Like some of the other responses, you really need to trim down the content. Shorten it to what you think and then half that again. People scan webpages and want info quick, and then if they like want they see want contact info quick and easy too. In lots of areas it's obvious you are trying to over embellish things way to much. Don't have a staff page with nothing on it. I know you have something there literally, but basically unless your gonna show an image of Jimmy the grip, joe the sound, mike the camera man, jill the AD1, jane the this and back them all up with real credentials don't have anything at all. To me it looks empty and unprofessional. You talk about experience and professionals but it doesn't reflect in the work, sorry to say dude. Mixed up design pages look vary amateur too. I'm on a mac and 90% of your quicktimes didn't work for me. I like many wont go get a plug-in to view your work. Not sure how you compressed your video and at what format. Your intro reel I could tell was a straight out of the box mimick of Andrew Kramer's teasers. Looks like you got the Designer Snd FX and his animated ornaments a copied his teaser style outright. It totally doesn't fit what you need to accomplish here. Your reel seems like some second rate attempt at being some blockbuster fantasy adventure trailer. Had you had the low voice over explaining your stuff I would have fell out my chair pissing my self. Shorter reels with A+ only top notch bits of your work are stronger than longer ones. somethings may be good, but as soon as I see something half ass I think you're skill level is not as good anymore. Potential clients will see this as well. Some serious criticism here, and with the other posts as well, that you need to suck up and accept. Hire a designer for your website are my final thoughts.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]