Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Dance Recital Question

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mick HaenslerRe: Dance Recital Question
by on Feb 23, 2008 at 8:45:19 pm

[Ron Lindeboom] "[Mick Haensler] "When you have a magazine claiming to be "The Authority in Event Videography" not only endorsing breaking copyright laws but printing articles showing you how to do it, it is highly highly doubtful the authorities will come a knockin. The bigger issue is getting paid a reasonable amount for the gig."

I would beg to disagree here. The bigger issue is the copyrights which have been violated by both parties in this scenario"

My apologies Ron. I was in a hurry when I wrote that. I didn't mean to down play the seriousness of breaking copyright laws. I just know from past experience that the Event Videography Industry seems to be OK with it which is one of the reasons I got out of it. Bottom line, if the Feds decided to make an example of someone, the entire industry would crumble....IMHO. Just look at the awards videos on the 4ever Group website. Almost every one is using copyrighted music. After spending 3 months unsuccessfully trying to get the rights to an 80's pop song from Warner for an ad campaign I'm working on, I doubt very much any of these award winners secured the rights to their productions. I am open to being compeltely wrong on that.

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]