Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Business is about more then price!

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron GerberRe: Business is about more then price!
by on Jan 11, 2008 at 7:00:25 pm

Most of what Ron said is accurate however the business model is changing in my market (and the other markets serviced by the company I work for). The suits higher up decided that you get what you pay and a client that pays for a commercial tends to have a more vested interest in making sure it works (by spending more money on airtime). Basically getting out of the cookie cutter mode and creating better commercials means better results for the client thus less churn. Yes we still do a large share of cookie cutter type spots but generally the clients are paying us for them and believe it or not, we loose out on a lot of the smaller ones because we charge too much. Someone always has a brother or neighbor with a video camera and a computer that can do it for less. Of course we don't turn away the airtime buy. Oddly enough, our local broadcast stations are the ones giving away the "free" production (if you spend the right amount for airtime). It's an uphill battle because in the end, my boss answers to a boss who answers to the big boss and they don't like to give anything away for free. Here's a link to a demo of some of the work our offices have doing last year.

http://brighthouseadvertising.com/man_sec/video/web%20video%20montage-web%2...

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]