Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Need advice for a student-run videography company

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Randall RaymondRe: Need advice for a student-run videography company
by on Dec 22, 2007 at 6:23:41 am

[Ryan Mast] "Yes, I did encode for dialup and bad DSL... unfortunately, Lancaster DOES tend to lag behind the rest of the country in tech adoption. I'd love to post higher quality videos, but I don't want to lose users' attention to load times. What would you recommend?"

I would recommend catering to potential clients with a broadband connection - that's your market. Forget dial-up cheapees.

"And what should we put on the "perfect page?"

Anything that won't bore the piss out of me in 4 seconds. Shock me, astonish me, challenge me, but don't bore me. i.e. do something brave and outrageous. Try it. All your copy now is trite and expected = boring.

Can't reduce your message down to a 'perfect page' then you don't know your message.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]