Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
BUSINESS AND MARKETING:Business and Marketing ForumBusiness and Marketing ArticlesBusiness and Marketing Podcasts

Re: Avid says No to NAB 2008

COW Forums : Business & Marketing

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Roth WeissRe: Avid says No to NAB 2008
by on Nov 15, 2007 at 4:30:50 pm

[Ron Lindeboom] "not being on the showfloor sends a certain message and it is one that will likely hurt Avid -- some.

But if Graham is half as good a marketer as I think he is, I think that the company will likely surprise some (oh, while likely rankling and angering others)."

Ron,

Unfortunately, Avid is now going to have to face a problem that is perhaps more difficult to contend with than any reality. The company is now going to be forced to contend against the perception or "feeling" that they are failing, and whether thats true or not, it may not matter. Once the spector of failure is raised, it can be like fighting with shadows--often the more a company ratchets up its public relations machine to assure people the company isn't failing, the greater the perception that they really are.

I suspect Avid may be in for a very tough time. Jousting with shadows is not easy.

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing, and Indie Film & Documentary forums.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]